Seeking a full-time Accounting Associate for a downtown Naples FL, law office. The ideal candidate will possess basic office skills, a keen attention to detail and a “team” attitude. Must be able to take instructions and prioritize among multiple tasks in a busy legal office. Prior Law Firm accounting experience and proficiency in accounting software are highly preferred. This is a non-exempt position and the individual is eligible for overtime pay.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Accounting Associate is under the direct supervision and reports to the Firm’s Billing Manager. The Accounting Associate will also work with the Fort Myers Office Administrator. The Accounting Associate is part of a team that is responsible for the overall accounting, client billings and collections for the Firm’s Fort Myers and Naples offices. The Accounting Associate will also perform accounting and client billings and collections tasks required by attorneys and legal support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Process billing (including electronic billing) for Fort Myers and Naples offices.
· Posts soft cost entry for postage.
· Manages Sun Biz and bank deposit accounts for filing fees.
· Processes Trust Account transactions for Fort Myers and Naples offices.
· Assists with client billing payment issues and questions.
· Checks bank accounts for ACH/Wire activity and prepares forms for wire transactions
· Assists attorneys and legal staff with accounting, billing and collection questions.
· Enters daily cash receipts and A/R write-offs for Fort Myers and Naples clients.
· Processes credit card payments through ClientPay.
· Manages petty cash reconciliation in Fort Myers office.
· Processes rush check requests.
· Manages process of client overpayments (trust/mail checks).
· Acts as backup to the Accounting Associate in Naples and Billing Associates in other offices.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS, WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Associate degree or college level courses preferred.
· Prior law firm accounting experience highly preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel), and ability to learn and become proficient in accounting software and technology based applications.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
· Ability to present self with a professional appearance, and a patient, approachable, diplomatic demeanor at all times.
· Ability to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints; strong organizational skills.
· Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow the instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and legal support staff and provide information with courtesy and tact.