The Senior Superintendent will Plan, develop and manage schedules in partnership with project manager, maintain budgets, and site activities. The ideal candidate will also coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion. The majority of projects will revolve around High-End Restaurant & retail, commercial office & hospitality mixed-use type structures with ground-up and build-out construction.
This company is one of the most reputable GCs in the Mid-Tn area. They have thrived in the construction market by doing what they promise and taking care of their people. Everything else takes care of itself with this approach.
They are a $50M commercial GC that specializes in design-build construction focused on environments in workplace, entertainment, dining, retail / shopping or worship facilities. From office space and fire halls, to greenways and restaurants, their projects cover public and private sectors and range in all sizes and scopes up to $50M+ projects.
They also are committed to incorporating environmentally sound principles in all projects and practices. This includes training their project management & Superintendent staff in green-building practices and LEED, minimizing construction waste and recycling materials on our job sites when practical, and installing solar panels, skylights and other energy-saving measures in our office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: SUPERINTENDENT
- Great Over-Communication with clients, subs & staff
- Organizational skills to the point of over-detailed mind-set.
- Manages day-to-day subcontractor/trades-partner operations
- Supervises craft employees including: assigning job responsibilities, evaluating productivity and providing recommendations to management
- Ensures the sequence of work determined by the Reverse Phase Schedule is being followed in a manner consistent with quality and value
- Reviews shop drawings, manages materials procurement, coordinates deliveries, ensures site accessibility, inspects overall work quality, and maintains a safe and efficient work site
- Proactive, forward thinking, and high level of organization is a must
- High School Graduate minimum.
- Construction Management or similar Bachelors degree preferred.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sage Construction Management Software (Experience preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years in a commercial construction site-management role (2+ years Experience in restaurant, multifamily or hospitality projects are a Must )
- Ability to manage multiple projects and jobsites simultaneously while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules and budgets while simultaneously interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, clients, engineers, and city officials.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that project a positive attitude for effective communication with clients, colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors
- Ability to positively lead, support, and motivate a team of subcontractors on any given project
- Strong interpersonal skills building relationships with all parties involved in the construction process including internal design team
- Proven time management skills and deadline oriented
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction documents in addition to blueprints, finish schedules, submittals, and equipment specs
- This is a management position and does not require working knowledge of hand and power tools