Programs CNC lathes with Mastercam.
- Programs CNC machines from solid drawing files using Mastercam.
- Set up and runs computer controlled (CNC) machinery.
- Edits programs to optimize the process or correct errors and ensure current versions reside on the network.
- Inspects own parts to assure conformance to blueprints.
- Ensures tool inventories of job boxes are maintained.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning of machinery.
- Operates within ISO 9001 requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience programming lathes. Mastercam experience is a big plus.
- Thorough comprehension of geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD+T), specifications, and blueprints symbols.
- In-depth experience with common measuring tools and techniques used in machining.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures.
- Proficient with Windows and Office applications including Outlook and Word.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 quality system requirements.