INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Location: Charleston, SC with hybrid work schedule
The Information Security Analyst will help with security-related projects and initiatives. The successful candidate will monitor and analyze security events, learn about new security tools, and take ownership of day-to-day security operations.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and investigate events from Managed Security Provider, Vendors, and internal tools.
- Document standard operating procedures matching day-to-day Information Security operations.
- Create a roadmap and implementation plan to align with CIS controls.
- Monitor emerging threats and potential impact to the Company.
- Participate in new vulnerability detection and remediation efforts across the enterprise.
- Assist in evaluating and deploying innovative solutions.
- Perform day-to-day analysis of logs to detect events that could lead to incidents.
- Use threat intelligence to develop new detections and preventative measures.
- Development of key Information Security performance reports for senior management.
- Development/maturation of metrics and documentation for Cyber Defense team systems and processes.
- Create Incident Response (IR) plans, IR playbooks and assist with incident response activities.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to potential security incidents.
- Review and recommend system level patching for current vulnerabilities.
- Manage internal phishing and security awareness training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or Computer Science or Cybersecurity
- Minimum 3-5 years of Information Security experience
- Be familiar with CIS Critical Security Controls or similar frameworks
- Familiarity with Anti-Virus, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, OSI model and CIA triad
- Familiarity with LINUX/UNIX/Windows/PowerShell command line
- Be familiar with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy management
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- VMWare VCP
- Microsoft MCSA