Prefer Columbus based candidates.
Sales Development Rep
The Sales Development Rep will generate qualified sales leads for the Regional sales teams with a mix of inbound and outbound business development techniques, following sales processes to prospect business accounts, focusing on identifying and researching lists of companies to target, and developing email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
- Generate qualified sales leads
- Analyze, access, input and retrieve data
- Report pertinent information and assist with tasks to support department operations
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the products and market
- Adhere to established policies and procedures
- Ensure Customer Service delivery
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct/Ethics and Core Values of the company
Duties and responsibilities
- Generate Qualified Sales Leads
- Proactively pursue and qualify sales leads via cold calling, and e-mail marketing.
- Conduct a needs assessment, determine client requirements and expectations.
- Pass qualified sales opportunities onto the Enterprise Sales team.
- Generate new business leads by providing product information in a timely manager.
- Vet leads based on sales and marketing-determined criteria.
- Effectively communicate with the assigned Regional Sales team and schedule calls, and appointments with qualified leads for them.
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts.
- Orchestrate discussions with C-level execs around their business needs and demonstrate the ability to effectively influence key decision makers.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Utilize all available resources to achieve results.
- Demonstrate proper telephone and email techniques and etiquette.
- Successfully develop creative strategies.
Education: Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Business, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field; or a combination of commensurate experience and education.
Experience: One or more years’ of experience in software/saas, sales, or other related, experience making cold calls to decision makers, a commanding a desire to learn and succeed in technology sales, ability to thrive in a team-selling environment, ability to develop sales relationships with clients and solicit referrals, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to write succinct, crisp emails, high level of self-motivation and a strong work ethic, enjoy phone interaction with professional clients, energetic, eager to learn, ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, ability to manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team. Experience with CRM and/or prior telesales or call center experience a plus. Experience in a goal-oriented sales environment and cyber-security is a plus.