DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation of a Reverse Osmosis Filtration Treatment Facility including Ultra Violet Disinfection, which includes a clean in place process of the Reverse Osmosis Membranes, raw water collections system that consists of 17 raw water wells, Deep Injection disposal system, and 3 separate booster pump stations. Verifications and calibrations of multiple on line and bench top analytical equipment.
- Regularly completing multiple booster station and well house checks, recording of monthly production numbers, and valve exercising on existing raw water/finish water transmission lines.
- Perform water quality testing on raw, process and finished water, monitor recharge ponds, and assists in the repair of the distribution line between northern facilities.
- Ensures compliance of all State and EPA Regulations with regards to treating drinking water and the proper disposal of Reverse Osmosis concentrate water.
- Utilizes Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) for operations and monitoring of plant performance, including treated water, concentrate disposal, chemical dosing and the distribution of water through 3 pumps stations.
- Complete minor maintenance on raw water equipment, sample pumps, raw water, chemical pumping equipment and distribution equipment to ensure proper operation of the treatment facility.
- Contribute to other tasks and projects as needed including minor maintenance, scheduling contractors, and may include being assigned to In-District Operation projects.
- Participate in cross functional teams and projects.
- Class "A" Water Treatment Operator Certification preferred; will consider lower certifications.
- 2+ years of experience working in a water treatment facility with 1+ years of experience working in a Class A water treatment plant installing, maintaining, and operating equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to water operations, including collection and distribution systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction plans, as-builts and Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) or ability to learn how to read P&IDs.
- Ability to work on-call rotation, overtime, occasionally on short notice as needed, after hours, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record and background check.
- Class 3 Distribution Certification and Class 3 Collection Certification preferred.
Why work here?
- Located in beautiful Denver, CO area
- Job security
- Organization in operation for over 50 years
- Excellent working environment with a relaxed atmosphere
- Outstanding benefits that include Retirement Plans, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Paid time off (PTO) and Holidays.