DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) to monitor all aspects of water production and distribution to meet daily water demands.
- Respond to on-call issues including SCADA alarms, customer complaints, main breaks, etc.
- Participate in various inspection programs such as our Valve Exercising Program.
- Perform annual fire hydrant flushing to remove sediment build-up and ensure proper hydrant operation.
- Oversee repairs of our distribution and collection infrastructure.
- Daytime schedule Monday through Friday; will be required to work a rotating on-call schedule (must have at least "C" cert for on-call), which can include overtime on nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Class "D" Water Operator Certification or higher, and previous experience in water treatment, utilities operations or related field.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to water operations, including collection and distribution systems.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, on-call rotation and overtime.
- Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record and background check.
Why work here?
- Located in beautiful Denver, CO area
- Job security
- Organization in operation for over 50 years
- Excellent working environment with a relaxed atmosphere
- Paid time off (PTO) and Holidays
- Benefits package include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, Pension, 401A all paid by the employer
Salary range: min $18.85-43.17 hourly. (Depending on experience and certifications.)