Job Summary of the Principal Power Electronics Engineer :
Principal Power Electronics Engineer with 11+ years of experience in designing switch-mode power supplies and Power topologies including AC-DC (PFC), isolated DC-DC and DC-AC is required play a key role in research, design and development of products for the electric power generation, transmission and distribution industry for one of our best clients in MA. This is a stable, rapidly growing company with a well known brand for the electric power industry. In this role you will evaluate, design and be responsible for all part selections, schematic capture, and supervising the board layout. If you have experience with switch-mode power supplies and 400V class switching power converters, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Principal Power Electronics Engineer :
- Help bring new technologies into product architectures as solutions to the implementation of requested product functions.
- Innovate new product features based on ability to transform technical possibilities into practical realities.
- Provide technical leadership in the realm of power design and participate in project team meetings.
- Participate in project team meetings.
- Design, troubleshoot, validate 400V class switching power converters, inverters and amplifiers.
- Develop schematics and supervise board layout.
- Maintain existing products including part obsolescence and new feature addition.
- Design for manufacture and compliance including EMI and safety.
- System integration in a team environment.
- Specification and development of board test fixtures.
In this role, you will evaluate, design, and be responsible for all part selections, schematic capture, and supervising the board layout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Power Engineering.
- 11+ years of experience with designing switch-mode power supplies.
- Hands on experience with 400V class switching power converters.
- Experience with Class-D inverter/amplifier design
- Power topologies including AC-DC (PFC), isolated DC-DC and DC-AC experience.
- Magnetic design and specification including transformers, inductors and filter design.
- Power component selection and specification.
- Analog feedback design and acquisition.
- Knowledge of design for EMC compliance.
- Experience with FPGA or DSP based digital control will be preferred.
- Experience with Simulation with PSpice, LTSpice, MATLAB, PSIM and/or Simulink will be a plus.
- Experience with GAN and SiC power components and high precision analog design will be preferred.
- Experience with Soft-switching and resonant topologies and IEC61010-1 compliance experience will be preferred.
- Complete product life-cycle experience will be a plus