Quality Assurance Supervisor (2nd shift)
Assists in overseeing quality systems, inspection and testing at Mountain Home, ID to assure compliance and conformance with relevant requirements for federal and state regulations, SQF, customer and internal quality standards, policies, programs, specifications, and functions. The QA supervisor will collaborate with plant operations to operate the Mountain Home plant in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
Responsible for supervision of Lead Quality Technicians and Quality/Laboratory Technicians. Ensures all testing equipment and procedures conform with standard requirements for ingredients, processes and products. Assists in leading the plant’s quality programs, including Preventive Controls/HACCP, Food Defense, internal and external audits, customer complaints and quality certifications.
The work hours are primarily 2nd or 3rd shift; however, the position may require flexibility and adjusting working hours to carry out duties on all shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Backup SQF Practitioner and Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Responsible for supervising quality services, including GMP compliance, weight control, package integrity, customer complaints, hold/release, labeling, allergen controls, specifications, supplier monitoring, in-process material, finished products, certificates of analysis, sanitation, pest control, and environmental monitoring to ensure that quality standards are achieved and sustained.
- Communicates, implements, and sustains compliance and conformance with relevant Quality System policies, programs, procedures and associated changes for quality services and other systems as needed.
- Responsible for compilation and maintenance of quality records.
- Support, recommend and administer quality programs and procedures for Quality Improvement.
- Conduct periodic reviews of quality services and other systems as needed.
- Develop and/or adapt quality equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions as needed to improve associated quality procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and sustain quality.
- Collaborate with sanitation and sanitary design teams to assure compliance and conformance to requirements.
- Team Member for CAPA investigation of food safety and quality complaints.
- Team Member for critical decisions made accurately, quickly and definitively in a fast-paced environment.
- Team Member for food safety and quality audits by customers, third parties, and others.
- Member of plant recall team, food safety team, food defense team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new products, processes, equipment and facility inspection criteria and procedures.
- Assist in the development and execution of Quality training programs to assure proper training of all personnel.
- Effectively manage all assigned projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Reports to the Quality Manager for the facility
Long term client with excellent employee driven work environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or equivalent education and work experience is required.
- Two to four years QA experience in field, laboratory, or production facility quality control and/or quality assurance in a food processing and manufacturing operation.
- Ability to effectively supervise direct reports.
- Ability to achieve and maintain certification in Preventive Controls/HACCP.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to effectively apply Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft PowerPoint, and SAP management system.