A 100-Year+ manufacturer in southern Vermont provides a rewarding and stable partnership for the qualified professional.
The Controller position is responsible for all financial and accounting operations of the company. This includes the production of month-end financial and sales reports; development of budgets, forecasts, maintenance of all accounting systems, records and analysis of financial and sales performance in all aspects of the Company including costing.
- Manage and monitor all accounting and reporting systems
- Maintain a clear initiative for improvement in business performance
- Prepare periodic reports on the financial performance and condition of the company
- Manage preparation of annual operating budgets and periodic forecasts
- Key participant in the development and support of the company’s strategic plans
- Perform detailed financial analyses regarding inventory/costing
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Create an environment of trust and productivity within the accounting staff.
- Manage all audit coordination and risk management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- In-depth IT and ERP system skills
- Ability to work independently
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize duties based on varying business needs
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license preferred
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in senior accounting or financial management role
- Experience in a manufacturing industry