Senior Electrical Controls-Software Development Engineer - Manufacturing
Our client has a rich automotive history that dates back 70 years, specializing in solutions for vehicle interior systems that ensures safe and comfortable control for the cars of today and the future. With over 5,000 employees globally in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and South America, they are creating the future with their Advanced Human Interface Solutions.
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, your next employment opportunity may be with this top-notch manufacturing company.
Our client is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Senior Electrical Controls-Software Development Engineer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to their clients’ success. This Division provides turn-key automation equipment solutions to a diverse portfolio of customers that includes the complete design of custom automation equipment, equipment modifications, and upgrades to equipment systems including installation and start up commissioning support for new production facilities, new lines, and upgrades or enhancements of existing equipment. This company provides automated production assembly and test systems to their own internal manufacturing plants located globally. They also provide custom automated production assembly and test systems to external customers in a variety of non-automotive industries, including multi-national companies, that support their growth, efficiency and quality improvement initiatives.
This position will be based in our Winona, Minnesota.
- Leads technical software design for semi-automated/automated industrial manufacturing and test systems, including advanced systems integration, using programmable automation and robotics.
- Supports hardware design as needed.
- Leads scope definition, develops proposals and creates efficient and effective designs for clients.
- Coordinates and executes design and programming (C#) of PC Applications, Robotics, Vision Systems and Data Acquisition systems.
- Leads development of interface to and setup of SQL databases for data storage and tracking
- Leads the development of project-related documentation including schedules, bill of materials, drawings, schematics, specifications and cost estimates.
- Works in a collaborative team environment to develop standard methods and designs to deliver world-class solutions that provide reliable and efficient automation operating systems.
- Provides troubleshooting support utilizing problem solving techniques during initial start-up, customer acceptance testing and installation of the systems at the customer location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in: Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, Physics, etc.) preferred
- Software development experience using C#, C++, VB.Net required
- SQL database development experience preferred
- Experience with optics, illumination and camera interfaces required
- Knowledge of embedded software development and design, with experience in distributed embedded controls system, together with understanding of Networking/TCPIP protocols applied to industrial automation required
- Strong background in algorithm development, mathematics and data analysis required, with experience in the area of digital signal processing preferred
- 10+ years of experience in custom automation, control systems and electrical design and development preferred
What can we do for you?
- Excellent medical benefits including vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Company-paid Long Term Disability insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid vacation/personal time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities to be exposed to new industries and applications
Thank you for taking time to consider us. We look forward to reviewing your resume!