The Accounting Manager is within the Controller's Group reporting to the Senior Director of Capital Markets Accounting, and oversees the derivative month-end close process and be responsible for all financial and regulatory reporting. It is expected that the manager will work very closely with various business partners, including the Capital Markets Front Office/Trading Desk, IT, Treasury Operations, Balance Sheet Management, Accounting Policy, Regulatory Reporting, and SEC Reporting.
Main Responsibilities include;
* Consistent application and compliance of relevant accounting standards related to derivative and hedge accounting (ASC815)
* Review and own all internal and external reporting including SEC reporting disclosures, regulatory reporting and certain internal management reporting
* Lead the month-end close process and ensure accounting functions are processed timely and accurately
* Own the sub-ledger accounting structure as partnered with IT
* Ensure a strong control environment and ensure all controls are designed appropriately and operating as designed (includes reconciliations and other controls)
* Responsible to identify and implement process improvements to strengthen and document control processes and encourage transparency
* Work collaboratively with all business partners to ensure enterprise objectives are met.
* Lead any significant technology changes and/or upgrades, accounting changes or new business initiatives
* Develop and manage direct report subject matter expertise of Eagle, SAP and BEx reporting applications.
Opportunity to join a Financial Services leader as a senior member of the Controllers Group. The postion offers excellent visability and career advancement.
* BA/BS degree in Finance/Accounting required
* Advanced degree or CPA/CFA (working toward) preferred
* Minimum 5 years previous work experience in Accounting, Capital Markets or related field required
* Should possess general technical accounting and/or functional accounting skills for derivatives or other financial instruments
* Strong attention to detail and ability to work with complex derivative transactions
* Ability to organize data, perform independent analysis and provide explanations to upper management
* Experience in managing people
* Ability to influence and lead others and work effectively in a cross-functional matrix environment
* Proven track record of driving accurate and timely results with minimal ongoing direction
* Strong communication skills must be demonstrated, both written and verbal
* Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) required
* Working knowledge of general and sub ledger systems