ADAS Lead Software Engineer
Job summary of the ADAS Lead Software Engineer:
We are looking for ADAS Lead Software Engineer for embedded software design and development for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) ECU software projects, for one of our clients, who is a global leader in the ADAS/autonomous driving space. In this role, you will be responsible for using your advanced functional knowledge of modern electronic control circuits and thorough knowledge of multicore microcontrollers to lead teams through the full development life-cycle. If you possess excellent software skills, a strong sense of the software development process, project leadership, and character, than you are a suitable candidate for this position.
This is a high-profile position working on cutting-edge vehicle technologies, for a company that offers multiple career paths going forward.
Responsibilities of the ADAS Lead Software Engineer:
- Responsible for leading team of software engineers responsible for ADAS ECU software development
- Required to establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide continuous updates of assigned software team tasks progression to higher management for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Responsible for designing, implementing and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit multicore microcontroller based Vision ECU products
- Conquer the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements and their adherence to established process.
- Ensure that software team follows quality process
- Examine and prioritize change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Ensure process adherence and propose product process or infrastructure improvements as required
- Conduct team meetings to seek status, relevant data and constructive opinion from software team; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interact with customers, product development teams and software teams located in various geographical locations.
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within interdisciplinary team.
Qualifications of the ADAS Lead Software Engineer:
- Required BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, a Master’s Degree is preferable.
- Must have 7+ years’ of work experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- Must have 2+ years of leadership experience in software development.
- Proficient experience with C/C++ and assembly programming for 16/32/64-bit micro-controllers
- Scripting knowledge in Python, Java script, etc. is required.
- Working experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, Ethernet, etc.)
- Prior experience with electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Worked on embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Working experience with ADAS ECU’s including features like Object/Lane Detection, Collision Avoidance, Adaptive Cruise control, etc. is a plus.
- Required working experience in developing embedded software for Ford, GM or other OEM Network Operating Systems
- Experience working with Embedded Realtime Operating Systems (RTA-OS, RT Linux, OSEK, etc.) is required.
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR, ASPICE.
- Experience with AUTOSAR and Vector Tools (Davinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, …)
- Must be familiar with Automotive Cybersecurity
Compensation of the ADAS Lead Software Engineer:
Salary Range: $115,000-128,000/year
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B Sponsorship, Green Card Holder or US Citizen