Fast growth company in medical industry looking for their next Controller in Scottsdale, AZ. Our client is poised to double in size in 2022 and beyond in a very large market. This is an excellent opportunity to get into the company at the ground-floor and make a huge impact!
Company offers excellent benefits for family healthcare coverage with no cost to the employee.
Relo will not be offered.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- In conjunction with the CEO/COO/CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Maintain company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- Contribute to company's short- and long-range planning, identifying areas of possible growth and profit opportunities.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and supervising the accounting employees; resolve employee issues; conduct performance reviews and discipline.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field. MBA, CPA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years working in financial management
- Public accounting or public company experience is required