Newport News, VA
Summary of the HIL Systems Engineer:
Our client, a developer of heavy truck and equipment technologies, is looking for a HIL Systems Engineer to play a vital role to validate/verify mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic PLC software and associated control logic for use in large mining haul trucks. In this role you will be responsible for developing and designing HIL test system for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical systems for use on large mining haul trucks.
This is an opportunity to work on advanced technology in areas such as autonomous driving and electrification for a stable, growing company working on their industry's advanced systems.
Responsibilities of the HIL Systems Engineer:
- Develops and designs HIL test system for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical systems for use on large mining haul trucks.
- Researches solutions to optimize system designs and parameters with analytical methods.
- Performs system calculations and/or simulations to create plant models for HIL testing.
- Reads and follows HIL Systems procedures to perform HIL Systems activities.
- Works with other SW developers to research and analyze the best method to test a specific SW feature.
- Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals, technical drawings, basic electrical or hydraulic schematics, engineering specifications, and reports.
- Writes a technical report at the completion of a SW test and provides feedback to the requesting engineer on the results.
- Uses PC based data analysis software to verify data integrity and post process SW test data.
- Works independently or as a team member with other engineers, technicians, and field service personnel to complete a HIL Systems project.
Qualification of the HIL Systems Engineer:
- Knowledge of HIL system principles, architecture and hardware solutions
- HIL Hardware:
- Alternateà ETAS
- Vector CANalyzer
- Knowledge of HIL system software tools
- HIL Software:
- Control Desk
- Automation desk
- HIL Software:
- Ability carry out the following functions:
- Simulink Plant modeling
- Integration HIL development and troubleshooting
- Wiring and schematics
- Test creation
- Automated testing
- Requirements development
- Software testing on HIL
- Creating control desk layouts
- Knowledge of embedded systems/PLC for the purposes of facilitating tests and/or debug
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain plant models, test cases and HIL automation scripts.
- Knowledge of industrial hydraulics, mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
Compensation of the HIL Systems Engineer:
Salary Range- Up to $100,000-118,000/year, based on experience
Location- Newport News, VA
Type- Direct hire
Travel- 10% max
Relocation Assistance- Subject to review
VISA Sponsorship- No, US Citizens or Green Card Holders only