Job Title: Project Manager for Capabilities
Description of Role:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Capabilities and matrixed to the Strategic Technology Lead for General Administration (G&A), the Project Manager for Capabilities will be responsible for planning, managing, tracking and reporting of all project activities related to key capability builds. In this role, the PM will be assisting with aiding the Medical Affairs department develop and implement key projects. The position will provide project management oversight to project implementation and roll out. The position will also work with the ePMO to follow and meet project management processes and reporting requirements.
The Project Manager will partner closely with the G & A Strategic Technology Lead and Functional Team Leads along with any vendors and all key stakeholders to ensure all project controls are met for successful project completion (e.g., business, systems and technical requirements, stakeholder participation, vendor management, operational readiness, etc.). Activities will include but not limited to:
- Support development of program requirements to support package selection efforts
- Support PFI / RFP process as needed
- Develop, define, and document business processes that align with SOPs
- Develop, define, and document operational model and requirements
- Facilitate and document IT architecture design
- Support IT security / infrastructure review for new IT systems
- Plan, manage, track and report on full system implementation lifecycle
- Implement organizational change management approach, capturing and rolling out end user training and communication
- Oversee and drive all project team management and controls in accordance with Capabilities methodology (e.g., project planning, scope, issue and risk management, decisions tracking, meeting coordination and minutes, Lessons Learned, etc.)
- Establish post implementation support processes
- Ensuring long-term support models and roles are identified and trained (e.g., system administration, system owner, process owner, etc.)
The PM/BA will bring their expertise to bear in guiding business users through the capability build and managing to project success criteria through project dashboard/status updates, project plan management, stakeholder management, vendor management, schedule management, and tracking of key risks, issues, activities, and deliverables.
The PM will utilize all IT SDLC project artifacts and processes, provide written project status for regular project, program and portfolio reviews.
Specific Projects / Required Experiences / Systems Experience Needed:
- Experience partnering with business leads to evaluate and document business requirements and use cases
- Experience managing successful projects including project dashboard/status updates, stakeholder management, vendor management, timeline management, and tracking of key risks, issues, activities, and deliverables
- 4+ years working in a regulated pharmaceutical organization, CRO or FSP
- 10+ years as a project manager and business analyst
Must Haves Skills:
- Leadership of business capability development and IT system implementation projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of a matrix organization
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment – willing to pitch in to achieve goals and maintain relationships with business leads, stakeholders, business users, technical team, validation, quality, and vendor resources
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet priorities and deadlines
- Experience with timeline management and resource / capacity management
- English as a first language or excellent written and spoken English fluency
- Legal, Finance or HR systems experience (SAP experience a bonus)
- Data Analytics or Business Intelligence background a bonus
- Working with Healthcare Provider experience
- Smartsheet experience
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The role will be responsible for managing a projects in the Medical Affairs area. The PM will perform the following activities:
- Develop a project charter for each project
- Convene Project Kick off with necessary documentation and inputs
- Support any business use cases and functional requirements documentation that support the successful implementation of projects.
- Ensure requirements elicitation, documentation and traceability are in place.
- Manage project scope, project schedule development, tracking and reporting
- Establish regular project meetings that address requirements, project status and issue/risk remediation.
- Participate in any project status meetings and updates
- Track project costs and actuals