Our fast growing client is searching for an enthusiastic and energetic applications chemist to join our R&D Service Team supporting customers in rubber. Experience in polymer and silicone product development would be a plus. As part of our tech team, you will be responsible for understanding various application needs of new and existing customers, while providing product technical support and helping customers to find solutions using company products. Understanding production, processing, raw materials and laboratory testing are essential for this position and requires conversations with customers throughout our customer base globe. As our expert in materials, you will respond to customer questions and create valuable performance data through application testing to develop innovative products that meet customer needs.
- Develops fundamental understanding of analytical techniques to accelerate catalyst innovation and support rubber, polymer and silicone material science.
- Develops and implements appropriate analytical techniques to support materials science and catalyst innovation
- Participates in multi-functional teams to implement new catalyst developments at company customers
- Supports Rubber/polymers and silicone products troubleshooting as required by company clients
- Connects product design parameters with application requirements to develop market leading various products
- Operate computer-controlled test equipment and analyze data. Ability to use various measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.).
- Computer literate with working knowledge of LIMS, MiniTab and Microsoft Suite. Chemistry Laboratory Proficiency, including titration, FTIR, DSC, viscometry, etc
- Supports rubber, polymer and silicone products joint development efforts with key clients
- Uses best scientific practices to explore technology options and generate intellectual property that increase technical leadership in the marketplace
- Represents the company in specialized conferences
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills to work in multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to form good working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Superior written and oral communication skills and
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field and 10+ years related technical experience OR
- MS Degree in Chemistry or related field with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience
- PhD Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Independent technical project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Understanding of rubber, polymer material science and silicone product development including structure-properties relationships, additives, testing and applications