Electrical Controls Engineer
Madison Heights, MI
Summary of the Electrical Controls Engineer:
Our client, a growing, successful player in the industrial automation field, is looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer to grow their team. In this position, you’ll work the full life-cycle of projects from client requirements, to electrical design, controls programming, and debug. You’ll work on projects for a variety of end clients, giving your work a great deal of variety. This is a small team backed by a large organization, so you’ll have a chance to make a real difference in a position with great stability and growth potential.
This is hands-on, technically challenging position and unlike others with similar responsibilities, you won’t travel heavily (less than 10%). The work is primarily at the company’s main development center, with some on-site support from time to time.
This is one of the best opportunities you’ll find for work-life balance.
Qualifications of the Electrical Controls Engineer:
- BSEE, BSET (or similar 4-year degree) with 3+ years of experience.
- Strong background in PLC programming, including writing programs from scratch and creating HMIs. This is not for someone who has update/modified/fixed existing programs.
- Experience with Allen Bradley is a must (Siemens is a plus).
- Solid experience in electrical design. EPLAN knowledge is a plus, but any CAD software is acceptable.
- Good communication skills, with a proven ability to interact directly with customers.
Compensation of the Electrical Controls Engineer:
Location: Madison Heights. MI
Visa Sponsorship: NONE-US Citizens or Green Card Only
Travel: Less than 10%
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Engineer, engineering, automotive, vehicles, Electric, Electrical, Electronic, PLC, "Programmable Logic Controller", Controls, HMI, guardlogix, “guard logix”, controllogix, "control logix" , simatic, “Siemens safety PLC”, S5, S7,“Step 7”, “step 5”, Telemecanique, “camera logic”, cognex, “Siemens PLC”, "Siemens controls", "panel design", "control logix", "RSView", "Device Net", "Allen Bradley", "Allen-Bradley", Logix, ControlNet, DeviceNet, SCADA, “panel design”, “RS view”, wonderware, servo, “stepper motor”, motion, machiney, machine, Voltage, CAD