Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
Our client is a privately held, household name in Cincinnati. They are a leader in their industry and growing. They are currently replacing several legacy systems within IT including in the business intelligence area. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work extensively with business customers and well as assist in implementing new business intelligence tools and technology; and building out reports utilizing multiple tools and technologies, manipulate and trouble shoot data and more.
This is a permanent, in-house position with a client we have worked with for ten years. Full benefits including 401k paid holidays and vacation, medical, dental, vision LTD, paid cell phone and internet etc. This is a hybrid position – part on site/part remote. Located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Provide support for development of multiple business intelligence applications and data warehouses
- Create reports utilizing multiple reporting tools
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign with IT and business
- Provide data analysis in support of user requirements or problems as they relate to BI environment
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, work flow analysis, user guides, and functional specification documents
- Participate in the implementation of SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), including report requirements gathering, report creation, testing and more.
- Investigation of data issues, working with business and source system application owners to identify root cause
- Troubleshoot and research data anomalies and recommend/implement corrective actions
- Create and maintain documentation for existing architecture, data dictionaries, future data warehouse architecture and business intelligence reporting
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience creating reports utilizing tools such as SSRS, Business Objects etc. Should have experience pulling from a data warehouse and/or multiple data sources.
- Knowledge of data governance, data management, data modeling, data cleansing, data extraction and transformation, data analysis, data migration, data integration and data mapping
- Understanding of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL
- Experience working in IBM Cognos Framework Manager & Report Studio, Sap Cloud Analytics, IBM Cognos Framework Manager & Report Studio a plus
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and Project Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, or etc.) a plus