Job Title: Sr. Network Cloud Engineer
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
The Senior Network Cloud Engineer is responsible for designing and developing enterprise cloud capabilities and solutions for all cloud service types, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. The incumbent will collaborate with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development organizations during design and development phases, providing guidance, interpretation, and engineering expertise. Work requires keen awareness of cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption while also being proficient in the understanding of and application of various automation related tools and languages. General direction is received from the Manager, Network & Cloud Solutions.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Contribute to and supports the corporate Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings
- Build leading-edge solutions in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS),
- Contributes to and supports the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management
- Provide support, participate and lead Cloud/LAN/WAN, Security projects and tasks
- Define network strategy and associated architecture, factoring in multi-cloud enablement
- Ensure technology solutions are aligned to application frameworks and the technology roadmap
- Collaborate with and mentor cloud/network/voice engineers
- Provides expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of IT’s cloud project portfolio
- Contribute towards continual service improvement activities related to the delivery of cloud services
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Create and implement automation in the form of infrastructure as code for cloud platform solutions
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Provide proactive maintenance, including periodic review of infrastructure to ensure compliance with standards with the premise of identifying and resolving problems before and issue occurs.
- Work with rest of the members of the Enterprise Infrastructure team to help define and make recommendations on activities related to the design, development and maintenance of infrastructure strategies, processes, methodologies and modules
- Stay abreast of architectural /industry changes; especially in the areas of cloud technologies
- Participate in efforts to develop departmental strategies.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
- 5+ years’ experience in IT platform, storage, networking, and virtualization engineering
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with cloud networking services and architectures
- Practical experience with infrastructure automation tools
- Experienced with Azure Virtual Networks, AWS networking
- Experienced with Network Security Groups.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless AP’s
- Advanced knowledge of protocols including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, STP, VTP, and EIGRP, Multicast, and policy-based routing
- Experience with datacenter and cloud ecosystem connectivity concepts, such as: cloud exchanges, datacenter network layouts, transceiver and fiber compatibility, cloud gateways, peering
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions with robust Business Continuity and Disaster Recover requirements
- Ability to identify and help mitigate risks and issues
- Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, high quality execution, technical innovation/adoption, and initiative
- Proficiency in managing projects including scope, scheduling, change management
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and being able to drive those decisions to successful completion of the project.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses pertinent to cloud, server, storage and network virtualization
- Demonstrate strong customer service awareness and orientation
- Azure or AWS certifications are preferred
- Must have the ability to provide on-call support for critical network functions 24x7, holidays and weekends on a rotation basis
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off