This is an individual contributor role with the engineering team, writing code and participating as a member of our scrum development team building the core infrastructure of a cloud platform that powers the next generation of data analytics. This small engineering team is spread across the country, working remotely together.
In this role, you'll use your Java and Python expertise to build complex technological solutions in a fast-paced and unstructured start-up environment
If you love creating impactful products, this is a great role for you!
This is an ideal role for an energetic person who is looking to join a passionate team of world-class researchers and be part of the exciting startup journey! The founders are thought leaders in data analytics/data science and are so fun to work with.
- Minimum of two years of experience in software engineering and reliably delivering high-value software. Experience building internally used applications isn't the right type of engineer for this role.
- Strong background in Java, Python
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Familiar with the Git workflow, open-source projects on Github
- Comfortable working quickly, with lots of iterations, and shipping often
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills: empathy, listening, teamwork, and a great sense of responsibility
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges every day
- DevOps skills using AWS, GCP and Azure services
- Familiarity with OLAP databases or BI tools
- Great hacking and debugging skills