Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Quality Control Technician (QCT) reports to the Quality Control Management.
- The QCT will be responsible for logging and milling of samples for testing. The QCT will manage all analytical samples for in-house testing, disposition to contract laboratories for additional testing, retention, and destruction. (S)he will also prepare samples for outside analyses and deliver samples to the Shipping Department as appropriate for shipment to contract laboratories and will manage packing and transfer of retain samples to warehouse or off-site storage.
- The QCT will be responsible for the general organization, cleanliness, and upkeep of the Quality Control Laboratories.
- The QCT will conduct entry-level laboratory functions such as the daily performance check of analytical balances in the QC Laboratory; Color & Appearance testing, Weight Variation and pH determination. The QCT will follow current cGMP protocols for the proper documentation of all procedures performed.
- The QCT will provide input for the improvement or revision of QC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Finished Product Specifications, and Raw Material Specifications, as appropriate.
- The QCT will keep the QC Laboratories supplied with clean glassware. (S)he will be proficient in the operation of the automated glassware dishwasher and the pipette washer and dryer, as well as with the procedures for the proper hand washing of laboratory hardware and supplies.
- The QCT will maintain a safe working environment by following all laboratory safety guidelines and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
- The QCT will inspect all incoming materials for identity, quantity, and damages. The QCT will be responsible for reporting any discrepancies throughout the receiving process.
- The QCT is responsible for receiving materials using a Powered Industrial Vehicle (forklift, pallet jack).
- The QCT is responsible for reading and understanding all accompanied paperwork, which includes, but is not limited to packing slip, bill of lading, Certificate of Analysis (CofA), and Certificate of Compliance (CofC).
- The QCT will be responsible for inspecting and sampling incoming materials to ensure they meet quality standards. All materials will be inspected and sampled according to the material specifications, component specifications and master proofs.
- The QCT will be responsible for using the appropriate documents and software programs during the receiving, inspection, and releasing process. This includes, but is not limited to, inspection forms, AQL forms, disposition labels, Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word), LIMs, and SAP.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred but is not required.
- Prior laboratory experience is preferred but is not required.
- Ability to lift (up to 55lbs or by team lift) and maneuver material up to 110 lbs.
Education and Experience: A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential is required for the QCT position.