Our Oshkosh, WI dairy manufacturing client is looking to hire a Sanitation Supervisor. The Supervisor of Sanitation is responsible for GMP compliance, management of the Master Sanitation Program, plant quality audits, and promoting a positive quality culture within the facility.
Sanitation Leader Responsibilities
- Create SSOPs/ SOPs/ Checklists for all sanitation related tasks
- Order Sanitation Supplies/GMP items
- Create training for operations on proper sanitation procedures
- Oversite of Master Sanitation Program and monitor for completion
- Engage with operations leadership for product changeovers and sanitation events.
- Assist, recruit, direct, coach, lead and supervise all Housekeeping/Sanitation personnel; constantly raising the standard of performance. Establish education and development programs for employees including SOP’s, quality specifications, safety and job expectations.
- Serve as main contact for external vendors related to sanitation, including Hydrite, pest control, and janitorial services
- Ensure drain cleaning and rack cleaning are conducted routinely
- Responsible for compliance and integrity inspections of the Color Code Program
- Complete chemical concentration checks and monitor employee chemical records
- Leader for sanitation and GMP compliance at the Port Edwards warehouse
- Coordinate validation/verification studies
Other Supervisory Responsibilities
- Assist, recruit, direct, coach, lead and supervise plant personnel; constantly raising the standard of performance. Establish educational and development programs for employees including SOP’s, quality specifications, safety and job expectations.
- Supervise QA Sampling team and ensure GMP compliance in sampling techniques and product handling
- Complete GMP audits and inspections. Summarize and log findings on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain SOPs to ensure compliance.
- Review quality records and signoffs.
- Assist with finished product problems, investigations and customer complaint reviews.
- Assist as needed with technical service inquires.
- Coordinate GMP, HACCP, SQF, etc training of plant employees.
- Perform internal quality control audits and assist with customer audit inspections
- Assist in bringing the Plant into NSF/SQF compliance. Monitor and communicate trends and issues.
- Lead environmental monitoring programs and corrective actions
- Assist Quality Manager in building and improving quality systems.
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences or Equivalent.
- 3-5 years previous GMP experience.
- Food manufacturing sanitation experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- HACCP Certification, SQF Practitioner, PCQI highly preferred.