Job Title: Medical Science Liaison
Department: Medical Affairs
The field based Medical Science Liaison (MSL), is a therapeutic/disease expert who develops and maintains professional relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare decision makers (payers, integrated health systems, organized customers, govt., etc.) in achieving improved health outcomes for patients. The MSLs will serve as a conduit in providing thorough, accurate, and fair balanced information to KOLs thought leaders about Company Health and competitive products, clinical science, and healthcare consistent with regulatory and company policy.
- Identify, develop, and maintain national, regional and local KOLs / healthcare decision maker relationships in the osteoporosis marketplace
- Develop and maintain strong scientific KOL relationships, through consistent communication and discussion of the current scientific literature and approved resources
- Develop strategic account plans and associated medical account plans and then ensures execution of medical activities aligned with agreed plan
- Identify therapeutic expertise among KOLs thought leaders, as one looks to broaden relationships through research, advisory boards, publications, and educational opportunities
- MSLs will maintain clinical, scientific and technical expertise in osteoporosis, through continuous learning and knowledge of the scientific literature through attending scientific conferences, specialty rounds, bone/journal clubs, advisory boards, along with conducting literature searches are all examples of enhancing product and disease knowledge
- Provide support for connecting internal and external stakeholders
- Collecting clinical insights from KOLs
- Responds to unsolicited requests for medical information with supported products and disease
- Provide training and support to sales force
- Exhibits effective clinical presentation skills for internal and external audiences, and tailors’ content to meet audience needs
- Identifies and communicates research, clinical, and healthcare trends, that help guide the organization’s research, development, and commercial strategy.
- Provide support to external stakeholders’ research activities
- Develop tool (slides, training materials)
- As required, identify clinical investigators and support potential sites for consideration of Phase II – IV programs
- Be available to Mentor/train new MSLs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous MSL experience (3-5 years) (roles in Osteoperosis, Endocrine, bone and Infectious disease)
- Doctorate degree( Pharm D, PhD, MD) with clinical or therapeutic experience
Additional Skills / Preferences:
- Strong customer/patient focus.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of osteoporosis.
- Experience in working with large integrated delivery systems and understanding of clinical care pathways/decisions that impact patient care.
- Previous experience with patient registries.
Additional Skills / Preferences:
- Clear understanding of regulatory agency (FDA, HIPPA, etc.) guidelines that govern the pharma/biotech industry.
- Preferred previous pharmaceutical / biotech experience
- Proficient with Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Strategic thinker and capable of working with academia.
- Position is field based with up to 60% required travel (car, plane) in managing assigned territory.