This company is revolutionizing organ transplant. They have developed a system that serves as a portable, miniature intensive care unit that helps preserve donor organs in a near-physiologic state during transport. Unlike traditional cold-storage methods, the system features ex-vivo, warm perfusion, and provides the means to monitor organ health, so that transplant patients can experience better outcomes. It is designed to increase utilization and transplant volumes so that more transplantable organs can be made available worldwide. They're seeking a Senior (or Principal) Full Stack Cloud Engineer who is willing to wear multiple hats, wants to be part of a small highly collaborative team, and has a desire to make an impact in people’s lives. The ecosystem of technologies includes a hardware device, an iOS application, and a cloud backend with responsive web application. This hire will be a key member and early hire of our software team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of our Cloud based backend and responsive web applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Primarily responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, and testing cloud-based microservices and user facing web application.
• Responsible for ensuring that the design is implemented using state of the art security and data protection that ensures HIPPAA compliance.
• With the understanding of Agile software development, help with planning the work and steering the technical direction and implementation approach.
• Leveragedeep understanding of AWS services to influence the solution approach, as well as ensure the user facing clients can create their desired UX experiences.
• Work closely with front-end teams to define/influence API design.
• Investigate new technologies in order to find new and innovative solutions.
• Stay abreast of and leverage enhancements and changes to the cloud technology and services.
• Also responsible for CI/CD pipeline, building and manage fully automated build/test/deployment environments, and AWS infrastructure.
• Continually push to improve processes, efficiency, and quality.
• 10+ years of software industry experience with 5+ years of designing, developing, and deploying microservice based applications on AWS.
• Experience with building and maintaining cloud-native microservice based applications on AWS.
• Experience with front-end development - this is a full stack role. Understanding & experience with Design Systems is a plus.
• Experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda.
• Experience with Docker containers and monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch.
• Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
• Must be able to take initiative, be a self-starter, work in a fast paced, high energy, collaborative team that possesses a strong sense of urgency.
• Experience with security techniques/best practices for AWS (previous experience with HIPAA is strongly desired).
• Backend tech, solid understanding of Java, Spring Boot, Node JS, Python, RDBMS, NoSQL DBs, SQL.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.