Notes about job and company:
- Full comprehensive relocation assistance provided
- Food experience is preferred but open to any industry or even candidate transitioning directly out of the military
- the key is attitude and the ability to work in a VERY fast paced, changing environment with CI experience
- Operation is over 350,000 sqf and in process of expanding and that is why the job is open
- Job on 2nd shift - hours could be 2 - 10 pm. Monday - Friday job and required to work 30+ Saturday's.
- Salary base top end is 72K + 10% bonus + overtime pay (10K - 15K expected) + 10% shift differential. Will only go to 70K if they come from food, have a degree and have a 5+ years of experience otherwise more likely around 65K as a base.
- Will hire a veteran directly from the military
- If they have manufacturing experience, veterans are a BIG plus
- BS/BA is strongly preferred; but will consider a non degreed food supervisor with 7+ years experience.
- We have an immediate need for a Production Supervisor for a 2nd shift due to increase in business and expansion
- This role is being groomed to become a 1st shift Manager in 1-3 years
- The Production Supervisor manages and coordinates the activities of production personnel engaged in providing leadership, lean initiatives, direction and facilitation on multiple high-speed production lines.
- Full comprehensive relocation assistance
- Direct and coach production operators in the execution of daily/weekly production schedules for multiple lines.
- Manage within labor and operating expense budget.
- Coordinate production ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
- Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and record.
- Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Make recommendations for long term solutions, including recommendations for replacing equipment, refurbishing equipment, procedural changes, productivity improvement, material change, etc., related to the area of accountability.
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda in area of responsibility through teamwork, skills and capability development.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage and facilitate employee and management relationship within the guidelines of the labor contract and company policy.
- BA/BS/AAS degree preferred; ideally in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related field or an equivalent of 5+ years of food manufacturing supervision required
- 1+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing or military leadership role required
- Manufacturing experience preferred; ideally in foods, consumer products, packaging, plastics or related high-speed processing industries
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, leading, developing, training and disciplining employees as needed
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen, TPM, and/or other methods of Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Open to working a 2nd shift (paid overtime and shift differential) as assigned
Military veterans preferred