Depending on education and years of experience, salary up to 87K + excellent benefits
Do you have experience with inventory control?
Do you have experience sourcing new vendors?
Would you like to work for a non-automotive manufacturer that has been experiencing growth year after year for the last 10 years?
Would you like to have excellent work/life balance?
This position could be for you!
Established, non-automotive manufacturer has a new position for a Manufacturing Buyer to join their team of procurement professionals and be responsible for a specific commodity. The Manufacturing Buyer will report to the Director of Procurement and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Oversee an assigned category of commodities for production
- Source and negotiate with new vendors as needed
- Track inventory levels and order needed product based on Kanban activities
- Enter information into the organization's ERP system
- Focus on day-to-day operations of receiving, inventory and WIP for assigned commodities
- Negotiate with established vendors on key components and raw materials
- Procurement of product, based on inventory levels, from established vendors
- Complete and review contracts, purchase orders, blanket purchase orders, etc.
- Forecast usage of assigned commodities based on sales and production history
- Improve and focus on procurement department goals and metrics
- Keep up to date on trends and market analysis for product line, components and raw materials
- Other tasks as directed by management
REQUIREMENTS for the Manufacturing Buyer:
1. A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
2. Minimum of 3-5 years in a similar manufacturing buyer position, sourcing components, product and/or parts used in the manufacturing process
3. Experience sourcing new suppliers
4. Experience with materials and inventory control
5. Experience working with ERP systems
6. Strong computer skills, ideally including Google Sheets
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Experience sourcing glass, steel, aluminum and/or plastics
2. Experience with Kanban systems
3. Strong negotiation skills
Why work for this organization:
1. The company has experienced consistent growth annually for over the last 10 years
2. Excellent work/life balance
3. Opportunity for future advancement and career growth
4. Non-automotive manufacturer
5. Excellent office space and very clean manufacturing plant
6. Medical benefits perks
Candidates need to be local to the Wauseon, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package at this time.
procurement, purchasing, buyer, materials, sourcing, negotiation, negotiating, inventory control, material analyst, material coordinator, inventory analyst, purchasing agent, purchasing coordinator, sourcing coordinator, sourcing specialist, material control