develop and apply advanced mechanical engineering design methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems. You will also provide technical consultation to other organizations and work leadership for lower level employees.
What You Will Be Doing
- Plan, conduct and technically direct projects or the major phases of significant projects.
- Coordinate the efforts of engineers and technical support staff.
- Conduct investigations or tests of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new designs, methods and materials.
- Review literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Recommend corrections in technical analysis and design.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Requires at least 8 years related experience.
- Comprehension of practical applications of engineering science and technology.
- Expert use of analytical and CAD software.
- Requires expert knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.