As an Assistant Controller, you will assist in the management of the accounting department, directly assigning, supervising, and reviewing the day-to-day activities of the accounting staff and support team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales and use tax, and oversight of payroll.
Our client is one of the world’s largest enthusiast media companies and publishes leading consumer magazines reaching around 85 countries. They have five divisions that each run consumer and trade events. They also operate websites, B2B businesses, a state-of-the-art video unit, and an outdoor film production company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, CPA/MBA preferable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Assistant Controller or similar role in a mid-size company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- In depth knowledge of GAAP and its practical application including revenue recognition
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems, preferably Oracle Fusion Cloud and Sales Force