Job Summary of the Senior Software Engineer:
Senior level Software Engineer with good Agile development and Scrum Master background in automotive domain is required to play a key role in establishing and maintaining the Agile framework, guiding the software project team through the agile development and help to remove impediments that SW project team faces one of our clients in Auburn Hills, MI.
It is a Direct Hire, Full Time position and the client is top-tier, global automotive technology supplier. If you have successfully executed the Scrum master role at least for 2 years in automotive domain, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Guiding the software team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and execute Scrum ceremonies
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Implement and optimize agile methods
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Create and maintain sprint review results for all stakeholders
- Maintaining and optimizing the Agile framework
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
- Complies with the requirements of Quality Management System (QMS)
It is a Direct Hire, Full Time position and the client is a top-tier, global automotive technology supplier. If you have successfully executed the Scrum master role at least for 2 years in the automotive domain, then this position is well suited to you.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree preferred
- MUST HAVE at least 5 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities for automotive electronics serial development projects
- MUST HAVE Previous experience as a Scrum master role at least for 2 years in automotive domain
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development, methods and frameworks (i.e. scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Excellent knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Strong background in RTOS-based embedded software development (C and C++)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continues improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Involvement in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge in structured engineering approach
- Experience in using a disciplined software development process based on ASPICE or CMMi process model
- Working knowledge of configuration management (preferably PTC/MKS), project monitoring and control techniques
- Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
- Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management
- Skilled in MS Project