Expanding company located in a nice urban location in east / central AL has newly created positions for 4 Plastic Injection Molding Technicians that will support the molding activities at their high volume manufacturing facility. Their primary activity will be to oversee the technical aspects of the molding clean room(s) during the night shift, and to ensure quality product is being produced. Benefits begin first day of employment and OT is built into the 48 hour schedule every other week and 30 minutes shift hand-off also adds daily OT. There is also the potential of relocation assistance.
Direct and monitor the execution of the production schedule
Duties and Responsibilities
· Complete daily shift report
· Monitor machine operation for compliance with all ISO, health, safety, quality and efficiency standards
· Collaborate with Quality, Engineering, Tooling and Maintenance to identify and resolve equipment and quality
problems within the molding cells
· Performing mold and material changes based on the dictated schedule
· Perform process troubleshooting
· Verifying paperwork and completion of inspections at start up and in process inspections are being completed
· Monitoring and preparing support equipment
· Follow established procedures in order to maintain a safe, clean and organized work area on a daily basis
· Assisting on break coverage
· Ability to learn other processes & equipment, such as injection-stretch blow-molding, robotics, etc.
· Good mechanical & troubleshooting skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Must be self-driven
· Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner. Works well in group problem solving situations
· Adaptability - Ability to adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events and still yield an effective
outcome. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Manages competing demands
· Judgment - Recognizes important information quickly and grasps its implications. Includes appropriate people in
decision-making process. Accepts accountability for decisions by ensuring follow through and effective
· Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits
objectivity and openness to views and opinions of coworkers. Puts success of team above own interests.
Recognizes accomplishments of other team members. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities.
Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
· Experience with Injection Molding with a focus on processing
· RJG Master Molder certification, AIM or similar a plus
· Basic Injection Molding Tooling Background required
· Must be able to work 12 hour shifts with rotating days on & off (shifts do not rotate) – 2 on 3 off, 2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off