We are seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to design, program, and troubleshoot systems of electrical and hydraulic controls for custom designed equipment such as hydraulic compression molding machines, polymer dewatering and drying machines, and oilseed machines.
- Reviews scope of supply and functional specifications of equipment with the project manager.
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Designs arrangements of linkage of conductors, relays, PLC’s, flow valves and other components of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic devices using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Designs interface system, including pushbuttons, switches, and Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) displays using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Develops Bill of Materials for scope of supply required on the project.
- Confers with Assembly Team Electrical Assemblers and Wirers to resolve problems regarding building of control systems.
- Reviews schematics and control configurations with customer’s representatives to answer questions.
- Observes operation during trial run of programmed machine and equipment operation to verify that electrical signals in system conform to specifications.
- Designs controls for optimizing operator interface with existing plant control systems.
- Debugs control issues such as hydraulic/electrical interface faults/errors.
- Follows all ISO 9001 Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (B.S.E.E.) from four-year college or university
A minimum of five years of experience designing electrical components and troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic controls in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, ladder logic, electrical and hydraulic schematics, and PLC programming instructions.
Knowledgeable in computer assisted engineering and design software and PLC’s.
Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to respond to customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to write proposals and articles for publications.
Working knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Willingness to travel to customer locations, generally 10-15% of the time.
Strong communication and effective presentation skills.
Competitive salary, benefits and opportunity to grow.