Graduate Medical Education Program Coordinator-Full Time-Florida
Shift: Full Time- FLOAT ( 3-4 Days, 1-2 Days)
This Medical Center is a 224-bed acute care facility located in Plantation, Florida. The Center offers a full range of medical services, including cardiovascular and thoracic services, orthopedic and spine care, and neurosurgery. It's emergency services includes their on-site emergency room, as well as a freestanding ER at Nova Southeastern University.
With oversight and direction from the Program Director/Administrative Director of Medical Education (ADME), the Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of the residency/fellowship training program and support for the Program Director and Residents. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of ACGME or other national accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
The Program Coordinator is a member of the education design and leadership of the residency program, therefore, ultimately responsible for the residents within the program.
- Responsible for assisting the Program Director in the overall and day-to-day operations of the Program
- Responsible for the organization of the recruitment, interview and Match process
- Responsible for understanding Program Accreditation and assists in ensuring the Residency fulfills all appropriate requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of all appropriate resident documentation
- Responsible for coordinating the Residency/Fellowship orientation programs
- Responsible for coordinating the learner educational experience
- Responsible for continuing professional development
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills, and maintains appropriate interpersonal relationships
- Responsible and accountable for assigned educational activities or initiatives associated with program development and/or innovation
- Develops, promotes, and provides education symposia for physicians. Conducts needs assessment for target audience. Documents offering appropriately to meet criteria for obtaining continuing education credits for participating.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in either a healthcare setting (preferably in Graduate Medical Education 1i.e. Residency Coordinator) or in some field of education, (i.e. teacher/educator) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Additional languages preferred
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed
- Ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently, with limited guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize information
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- SUPERVISOR: Hospital or Division Administrative Director of Medical Education
- SUPERVISES: Most Programs Coordinators do not have direct reports but they do manage all resident activity in Lawson and other facility and GME programs systems.
- Looking for candidates who are eager and want to learn.
- This is an ENTRY Level position, working alongside the Admin coordinator.
- Preferably someone who worked in Graduate Education field or in a Medical School as a Coordinator.
Salary Ranges: $55K - 65K Annually (Based on Years of Experience)