Division Director of Graduate Medical Education-Full Time-Florida
Shift: Full Time- FLOAT
This Medical Center is a 417 bed hospital located in the greater Miami area in Kendall, Florida. Kendall Regional is recognized for providing a vast amount of services such as 24 hour comprehensive medical surgical services including burn care, maternity services and pediatrics.
In partnership with the Division Vice President of GME for the East Florida Division, the Division Director of Graduate Medical Education (DDGME) is responsible for the operations, strategic planning, leadership and management of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) development and maintenance in the Division. The DDGME works with the DVP to resolve complex issues and make business decisions for the GME enterprise in the Division.
The role exists to direct the operations, maintain appropriate oversight, management of all medical education programs and ensure the securing and maintenance of accreditation in the Division. Scope of responsibility: Divisions with less than 25 residency or fellowship training programs and less than 400 residents/fellows. Supervises multiple Administrative Directors of GME (ADMEs).
- Readiness and Accreditation
- Ongoing readiness for Institutional review by ACGME.
- Monitoring with all programs to secure necessary paperwork.
- Quarterly audits of each specialty area as designated by the Division or Corporate Leadership and/or program directors.
- Facilitates necessary training and orientation for each facility.
- Development of mechanisms to ensure appropriate teaching of ACGME competencies. Program Development
- Assists the DVP and hospitals with the creation of new programs.
- Manages the application process with external resources.
- Stays abreast of agenda close dates and monitors timely submission of new program applications.
- Manages oversight of new and continued program accreditation and maintenance of institutional accreditation.
Knowledge and Skill Set:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives
- Interpret/apply policies and procedures
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of health care administration systems
- Knowledge of graduate medical education
- Knowledge of ACGME policies and regulations
- Spreadsheet skills
- Displays consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism, interaction with peers, residents, program leaders, etc.
- Ability to use various computer systems and applications.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Communicates with program directors.
- Tracks accreditation status of programs.
- Addresses needed program changes.
- Addresses citations.
- Monitors and assists facilities as they prepare for site visits.
- Participates in internal review process and assessment of annual program improvements and assist in reporting action steps to the Division or Corporate Leadership and related program directors.
- Manages the hiring and training of all GME staff in the Division.
- Will audit and run reports as needed from the residency management tool to ensure all programs are appropriately populating program information.
- Assists as needed to ensure that faculty agreements/contracts are being managed timely by each hospital.
- Assists Hospital to ensure a smooth transition for PDs, APDs, and Core Faculty into employment by HCA.
- Creates/streamlines efficient pathways for entrance into the organization by Program Coordinators and facilitates any needed orientation not only to the Division but the GME service line.
- Identifies revenue enhancement and cost containment initiatives and in conjunction with the hospitals prepares the operating and capital budgets for Graduate Medical Education cost centers.
- Manages fiscal and human resources for Graduate Medical Education.
- Determines resources required to meet goals and objectives.
- Reviews and approves contracts between Medical Education and internal and external partners.
- Supervises the daily activities of the facility or market GME staff leaders and the Residency Coordinators to ensure institutional program guidelines are satisfied.
- Includes responsibility for performance appraisals, discipline, scheduling and any supervisory related duties.
- Regularly interacts with facility C-Suite in support of GME staff and program requirements to ensure alignment of facility and GME goals
- Develops and manages operating and capital budgets for related programs.
- Manages all Division Accreditation Site Visits.
- Assist the VP of the Division with any needed activity.
- Oversee resident liaison meetings, organize and chair GMEC meetings in the absence of the DIO.
- Works in conjunction with GME Leadership Team to create or update Master Affiliation Agreements and Aggregate Agreements.
- Assist Hospitals if they need guidance regarding Program Letters of Agreement and or AAMC medical student agreements and the use of VSAS for medical student rotations.
- Identify financial support needed to maintain residency programs according to institutional requirements set forth by the ACGME.
- Maintain documents relative to GMEC meetings and accreditation.
- Facilitates the creation of a sense of community for Program Coordinators.
- Helps set the annual calendar for the Division and oversee Division-wide meetings and training including annual resident orientation.
- Participate in local, regional and national activities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or 4 years’ experience in a healthcare setting preferably medical education.
- Preferred: Five (5) + years’ experience in a healthcare setting with multiple GME programs
Minimum of five (5) years of graduate medical education experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience managing and operating complex structures is preferred
- SUPERVISOR: Division Vice President of GME. The position will also work closely with the Corporate GME leaders.
- Strategic Planning and C Suite Interactions
- High level skill set
- Assist in long term planning and construction projects as needed
- Good portion of building for Coordinator and team as needed
- Leadership skills and communication.
- Physician interaction
- Ready to work with Physician Leadership, and ready to work hands on for patient centered care and focus.
- Travel accommodations for the hotel is taken care of during the interview process.
Salary Ranges: $ 110 - $120K (PLUS Anticipated 15% Bonus)
Relocation Assistance: Available for the Right candidate, on a Case by Case Basis