Graduate Medical Education Manager-Full Time-Florida
Shift: Full Time- FLOAT
This Medical Center is a 417 bed hospital located in the greater Miami area in Kendall, Florida. Kendall Regional is recognized for providing a vast amount of services such as 24 hour comprehensive medical surgical services including burn care, maternity services and pediatrics.
The GME Manager is responsible for daily management of all medical education programs, which may also include undergraduate medical education at the defined facility. The GME Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining appropriate business relationships with various service lines and C-Suite personnel to educate and promote GME-related timelines and events. Items such as budgetary matters, GME staffing, and space reservation should be regularly visited topics of conversation with Division Director.
- Readiness, Accreditation, and Program Development
- Supports and monitors all resident activities via the program directors and program coordinators
- Management of resident work hours, resident supervision, and evaluation process that meets ACGME requirements
- Management/Review/Oversight of residency program citations and program action plans to address ACGME citations
- Facilitation of program letters of agreement for learners. Oversight of inter-institutional affiliation agreements
- Manage the relationship between facility and divisional GME Office between programs and division GME leadership
- Manage onboarding and off boarding and necessary training and orientation logistics for residents/fellows and GME staff. Work closely with HR to coordinate facility orientation for incoming trainees.
- Supervision of GME program administrative staff
- Support for daily, weekly, and annual coordinator tasks, ensuring timely and accurate MedHub updates and adherence to GME Annual Calendar
- Manage staff PTO request
- Provide input to annual performance evaluations in conjunction with director
- Mentor novice program coordinators
- Managing GME physician agreements with facility and division leadership
- Facilitate local facility orientation process and introductions for new program directors, associate program directors and core faculty
- Manage operating and capital budgets for related programs, collaborating with division GME leadership and Division Director
- Supervise the daily activities of the program coordinators to ensure institutional and program guidelines are met
- Manage residents in coordination with the program director (Lawson, Kronos, etc. Identify opportunities for education in healthcare setting to ensure compliance with hospital and ACGME regulations
- Execute on processes created for efficient pathways into the organization and for external
- Resident rotators to acquire education training in the organization’s computer system
- Manage documents relative to GMEC meetings and accreditation, and any sub-committees that may evolve
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3 years’ experience in a graduate medical education or healthcare medical education setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple tasks and projects
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Office and MedHub.
- Working knowledge of matrixed organization.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Day to day interaction with the team and functions of the GME Dept. as well as medical students.
- Reporting structure: GME Program Coordinator reports to GME Manager, GME Manager reports to GME Division Director, GME Division Director reports to AVP.
- Travel accommodations for the hotel is taken care of during the interview process.
Salary Ranges: $70K - $80K (Based on Years of Experience)