Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review various tax returns - individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns and make recommendations and decisions to address client needs.
- Ensure the accuracy of tax provision and tax returns including the documentation supporting tax positions.
- Conduct tax research and provide effective solutions for management.
- Supervise and provide assistance to tax staff.
- Prepare quality tax planning and practical approaches to client’s particular tax needs and situation.
- Provide advice that enables the client to increase profitability.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with our clients.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting.
- Sufficient knowledge of tax provision and tax compliance based on level of experience.
- CPA certification required.
- Minimum of five years of tax experience in a public accounting firm.
- Is able to identify the key stakeholders in a decision-making process and develop working relationships.
- Has the ability to negotiate and persuade clients with integrity and communicates effectively in the sales process - ensures clients have the information they need to make decisions.
- Possesses strong presentation skills.
- Always alert to opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Actively participates in initiatives to recruit talented people including participating in career and recruitment forums, conducting interviews, and providing time to speak with potential candidates.