Job Title: Supervisor, Lending Quality Assurance
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
You will support and closely partner with Lending Lines of Business (Residential, Commercial, and Consumer) Leaders to understand and prioritize asset testing and validation efforts. The Supervisor, Lending Quality Assurance establishes policies, procedures, and frameworks for loan asset validation and provides oversight for the Lending Quality Assurance team. The incumbent will work closely with line of business subject matter experts to identify opportunities for process and practice design and documentation improvements; tests and validates process, procedure, and systems changes prior to full implementation. The Supervisor, Lending Quality Assurance manages relationships with third party quality assurance vendors to ensure adherence to standards, contractual obligations, and regulatory requirements. General direction is provided by the Vice President, Asset Operations Transformation.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Loan Quality Oversight
- Manage Quality Assurance Analysts in day to day testing and validation of lending assets
- Develop and socialize a documented process for loan level testing and validation that satisfies business needs, contractual obligations and regulatory requirements
- Partner with Lending Line of Business leaders to understand business priorities and testing needs
- Establish reporting to track and monitor testing validation
- Provide training and guidance to Quality Assurance roles
- Perform check and balance review of Quality Assurance testing
- Assist in loan level file quality reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory and other investor loan quality requirements.
- Determine both pre-funding and post-funding sampling methodology for the quality reviews
- Identify and document quality shortfalls and deficiency patterns that may impact overall loan salability. Record, measure and report findings to Lending Management.
- Identify checkpoints and opportunities for improvement of current processes that will increase loan quality and advance efficiency and consistency. Make recommendations to Lending Management
- Manage relationships with third party providers involved in the loan cycle (origination through servicing) to ensure process and procedures meet or exceed quality requirements.
- Conduct ongoing review of user documentation and training materials for accuracy and consistency; update as required.
- Remain current on loan underwriting and industry best practices; determine applicability for the credit union and as appropriate share across lending department.
- Partner with the Lending Line of Business leaders to ensure compliance and quality of internal and third-party provider processes meet established guidelines and lending best practices as identified from loan quality reviews.
- Monitors credit union industry loan trends and keeps abreast of technological changes and opportunities within the lending area.
Leadership and Performance Management
- Translate operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of leadership competencies
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structured and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
- Proactively coach and develop team through constructive feedback, insightful coaching and stretch projects to improve the skills of the asset operations transformation team
- Develop training curriculum for team
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field, required, and you have:
- Minimum 3+ years’ Quality Assurance experience working for a financial institution or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience leading, managing and developing others
- Working knowledge of Consumer, Residential, and Commercial Lending
- Strong communications, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to present to senior leadership
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Highly effective time and project management skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Desire to continually learn and improve approaches and methodologies
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off