Our client is a growing Northwest Suburban Chicago CPA firm with over 50 employees and is looking for talent at the Senior Auditor level.
They have amazing perks that set them apart from other firms including golf outings, holidays parties, happy hour Fridays, 1/2 day Friday , casual office attire , 4 weeks vacation, 401K with match and more.
Additionally most of their associates have the ability to work 2-3 days/week from home.
As an Audit Senior, you will help support our growth and lead audit teams. We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to various audits. The ideal candidate will have a strong background public audit accounting.
- Direct field work, inform engagement leaders of audit engagement status and manage staff performance.
- Conduct audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Handles routine client questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for Audit completion and compliance
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than audit compliance area, and promotes these activities to clients when appropriate
- Completes research and special projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 2-4 years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in auditing
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to manage multiple engagement and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- CPA, or currently working toward passing CPA exam
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for Audit.
- CPA license a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAGAS and GASBY standards
- Knowledge and/or of uniform guidance single audit a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with a 20-50 person or large regional accounting firm is a plus