Electrical Engineer II
High-Speed Production Machinery
Do you enjoy designing high-speed production machinery? Machinery that is and will be Factory 4.0/Industry 4.0. Do you enjoy meeting customers to discuss their applications and their production challenges?
How do you want to spend your day? Would you enjoy spending approximately 50% of your time on NPD? Do you enjoy collaborating with customers’ developing solutions to their production challenges?
How long do you wait to see your work turn into products? Depending on the projects, you will see your work in physical form in 3 to 6 months; new products understandably can take longer, typically less than a year. Would you value being able to point to a product and tell your friends and family that you made that possible? You can do that here.
Are you looking for a company that recognizes the importance of excellent controls engineering talent for its long-term success?
If you desire an environment that will put your education to good use; in the development of production equipment for major companies around the world; for a company that is growing, profitable, and enjoys high employee tenure; then we have an opportunity for you.
Interesting? Let’s talk.
What will you do?
- Writing code for industrial computing equipment and coding for PLC logic controllers. This will entail software programming in Assembly, C, C++, and PLC's.
- Process REA's, write ECN's for new or obsolete parts, schematics and BOM's for new and/or existing equipment.
- Travel as required, when safe, to evaluate projects, install and troubleshoot engineering modifications.
- Maintain all schematics of company products, updating or modifying for product change or customer specials.
- Will use test equipment, oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, counters, and pulse generators to analyze a problem or signal timing, debug a design flaw or diagnose a machine fault.
- Develop documentation to support development, design, or modification of products.
- Work with Digital and Analog logic when designing electronic circuits.
- Our product have AC motors/drives and AC/DC servos. Program and tune a servo system.
- Breadboard test and debug electronic circuitry from existing and new designs to verify functionality of the design.
What do you bring?
- Knowledge of Assembly language, C, C++, PLC programming or other high level programming languages.
- Familiarity with Digital and Analog Circuits AC/DC motors and Drive technology.
- Must be able to use test equipment.
- Working knowledge of OrCAD and AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable of microprocessors, memory, and interface circuitry.
- The ability to take an idea or concept from a clean paper design through production.
What do you get?
The compensation package consists of a competitive base salary based on experience plus comprehensive benefits including health, dental and short-term disability insurance, along with a 401(K) with company match and bonus program.
The company offers excellent opportunities to advance for highly capable and ambitious individuals.
Where do we do this?
Tinley Park, Illinois
Our client is a leading manufacturer of production equipment for some of the biggest names in food processing. If you want to be of a collaborative team, building best-in-class products in an engineering driven company, then you owe it to yourself to check us out.