Under the direction of manufacturing management - direct, coordinate and supervise research, design and construction of progressive and stage tooling, jigs, fixtures, dies, gauges, machine attachments and special single or special purpose machine tools using SolidWorks software.
Analyze tooling and machine requirements as to nature of operations and designs, dimension, materials, treating specifications, etc. Prepare cost estimates for approval.
Expedite and process drawings, material requisitions, work orders and subcontracting. Lead and manage and hold accountable a team of skilled employees in the tool build and tool maintenance areas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and schedule workload, and set priorities for design, engineering, CNC, EDM, new tool, and die
2. Complete designs for progressive and stage tooling, die modifications, fixtures and jigs using SolidWorks
3. Create Purchase Orders (PO) in JobBOSS for the toolroom and die builds.
4. Work with suppliers on best practice methods, lead times and cost.
5. Develop and maintain design standards.
6. Suggest and implement best practice methods, cost savings ideas and equipment improvements.
7. Promote a fast-paced, positive, and growth-oriented culture of accountably.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
8. Conduct various communication meetings through the design and debug process.
9. Support Toolroom, EDM, CNC, Production and Quality departments.
10. Work with Production on process improvement projects.
11. Report status updates of the Toolroom to management on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis.
12. Maintain proper file management for all designs.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma
Degree in Tool & Die Design and Engineering
Minimum 15 years Tool & Die experience
Minimum 5 years designing progressive & stage tooling for metal stamping dies
Minimum 5 years designing in CAD systems, SolidWorks & Pro-E