Reporting to the Vice President of Accounting, the Client is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager with a focus on IFRS 17. Some highlights, below. IFRS 17 experience ideal, but a Financial Reporting Manager with P&C Insurance Accounting experience and a CPA will be considered.
You will be a member of the financial reporting team working in a multi-national group environment. The team works closely with the parent company and international operating subsidiaries alike and will play a significant role in the implementation IFRS 17. The team also supports due diligence initiatives across the company.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the new IFRS 17, for local entities with reporting requirements
- Acting as a business partner to certain international (re)insurance operations
- Accounting research and analysis of new transactions or business initiatives, including the preparation of IFRS technical accounting papers.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and notes for group and standalone applicable entities post IFRS 17 implementation.
- Assist with establishing US GAAP to IFRS reconciliations, control procedures and an effective close process for across all entities post IFRS 17 implementation.
- Lead the build out of IFRS 17 internal reporting and analysis.
- Provide IFRS 17 training to Finance staff, as needed.