As Controls Engineer you will be responsible for designing and validating controls for automated systems as well as commissioning these systems at our customers’ locations. Work in a team environment designed to help New Employees become productive quickly!
- Design machine electrical and fluid controls using AutoCAD LT
- Support manufacturing during the controls installation process
- Integrate and troubleshoot machine controls
- Create machine controls documentation
- Provide customer support including onsite installation and troubleshooting
- Work with controls engineering manager on various continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineer or Engineering Technology with a minimum of two years’ experience
OR an Associate's Degree in Electrical Design with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Power Distribution
- Motor Drives (AC/DC)
- Safety Circuits –Allen Bradley, Pilz, Schmersal, etc.
- PLC and HMI Programming -Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, etc.
- Pneumatic Circuits and Devices
- Proficient with 2D CAD -AutoCAD LT is a plus
- Troubleshooting controls systems and circuits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office –Word, Excel
- Familiar with NEC, NFPA, UL codes, ANSI B11, OSHA, Industry Accepted Guarding practices, etc.
- Proficient at planning and project management
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Supportive of internal and external customers needs
- Robot Integration experience is a plus –Motoman, Fanuc, Kuka, Panasonic, ABB, etc.
- Ability to communicate well with customers, team members, management, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Adaptable and self-motivated learner
- Basic understanding of GMA Welding is a plus