Work for a small, dynamic industrial automation/controls provider and expose yourself to a wide variety of control platforms and industries.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, remotely, and with minimal supervision. You must be capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong desire to learn. The company offers flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home over 50% of the time. The ideal candidate will live in the western United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of automation and controls experience
- Experience with Siemens TIA Portal and/or Siemens PCS7
- Understanding of ProfiBus
- Understanding of IP based networks
- Strong mechanical aptitude with proficiency in various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multi-meters
- Experience with HMI design using WinCC, FactoryTalk View, or Wonderware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Design and development of automation systems unassisted or within a team to achieve desired production targets.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot, modify and maintain automation systems.
- Write automation and computer software programs as necessary.
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Able to read and interpret technical documentation (P&IDs, schematics, loop sheets, manuals, etc.)
- Experience commissioning VFDs
- Control panel design and build experience
- P&ID generation and modification
- Experience with Moore APACS
- Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming