Summary (Position Description): The Supplier Quality/Development Engineer primary responsibility is to work closely with the Quality Manager to improve, manage, and develop the current suppliers across the globe supporting the overall company performance goals.
Duties and Tasks:
- Helping to formulate and maintain quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals by developing and initiates Lean Six sigma standards and methods for sub-contractors and suppliers to reduce cost and to improve quality.
- Helping to formulate and maintain quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals by developing and initiates Lean Six sigma standards and methods for sub-contractors and suppliers to reduce cost and to improve Quality.
- Assesses and develops new and existing suppliers initiating standards and methods for sub-contractors and suppliers with successful kaizen development and implementations that result in benefits such as increased productivity, improved quality, better safety, lower costs, and improved customer satisfaction.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current sub-contractors and supplier process and process changes.
- Ensures the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and buildings/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified at sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards and perform scheduled supplier audits.
- Coordinate Approved Engineering Change Notifications for new product launches or product changes in respect of implementation into supplier processes.
- Identify + Clarify deviations on specifications with suppliers. The objective is to eliminate root causes of deviations and have stable processes.
- Decides whether to accept a product or continue business with sub-contractors and suppliers based on a review of the sub-contractors and supplier’s quality programs.
- Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component Evaluating Process capability with the supplier.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Purchasing department to ensure milestone dates are understood for new and existing products. Review supplier’s inspection and test plans against the milestone scope of work.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities and new supplier selection.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities of sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Inspection of production, non-production and sample components with coordinate measuring machines and conventional inspection methods and metrology equipment.
- Coordinate the issue of nonconformance reports through the site QC manager, controlling all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action. Disposition of in-house machined parts that do not meet drawing requirements.
- Complete inspection documentation or reporting. Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Designs and implements quality training programs to key sub-contractors and suppliers’ personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and competed for as-built hand over through the Engineering department.
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly forms or reports as needed.
- Other related job tasks or responsibilities as assigned.
Great role in a growth oriented company with a team focused, innovative culture.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of machining, metal fabrication and welding
- Pressure vessel experience
- Problem-solving skills (8D, 5 why, Fishbone, CAPA.)
- Able to travel up to 70% of time
- Hands-on. Willing to be involved with and lead production issue resolution teams
- Minitab experience
- SPC data Analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of Engineering drawing and GD&T
- Data acquisition and analysis experience
- Six sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- SAP experience including data entry
- Knowledge and application of AIAG processes.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ FT experience in a Supplier Quality Development related function
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ FT experience Auditing
- Able to travel up to 70% of time
- Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively meet and communicate with inter-department as well as cross-functional colleagues and any other interested parties
- Daily contact requires courtesy, discretion and sound judgment.
- Solid PC skills using Microsoft Office software, as well as a working knowledge of general office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, phones.)
- Excellent written communication skills and effective organizational skills.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment and a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; stoop; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.