Work for the leading company in their field.
Have an actual work/life balance.
Enjoy limitless career growth potential.
Analytics and Profitability Senior Consultant - Controllership Services
We have been retained by one of the "Big Four" global business consulting and financial services firm whose track record of success is causing a huge influx of business.
As a result, they need to bring on numerous individuals who will have the title "Controllership Services - Analytics and Profitability Senior Consultant".
This is a big job, exciting and fun by itself, but is also a stepping stone to truly limitless career growth.
The individuals hired for these roles will analyze, manipulate, and manage data to deliver meaningful insights necessary to help companies of all sizes and across multiple industries address regulatory and business challenges. Sample Senior Consultant responsibilities include:
Working with clients to understand business challenges and identify solutions to drive desired outcomes
Developing allocation and costing methodologies to determine profitability of products, customers and channels
Querying and analyzing small and large data sets to discover patterns and deliver meaningful insights
Creating, managing, and utilizing structured and unstructured data stores
Performing current state assessment of client analytics and data management capability
Leveraging visualization tools to enable actionable decision making
Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing
Mapping data flows and identifying optimal design and governance options as well as potential data quality risks
Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, and machine learning tools.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework desired:
- Technology: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems
- Business: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics
- Math/Engineering: Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics, Actuarial
- Strong communication, team building, teaming and presentation experience
- 3+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in controllership, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting
- Prior experience working with and managing data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, transformation, and providing preliminary descriptive analytics
- Experience in leading and developing teams
- Experience in building cost and profitability models and using purpose-built solutions
- Experience in Financial, Planning and Analysis including budgeting and forecasting processes
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Travel may be required, depending on role and location
- Master's degree in Business, Technology or Math/Engineering
- Experience with large enterprise applications (SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, etc.)
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Experience in developing product costing standards and product cost analytics
- Experience with a variety of analytics tools and programming languages such as, but not limited to:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo Db
- CostPerform, Profitability and Performance Management (PaPM), SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, Anaplan
- Reporting Tools (e.g., Business Objects, Reporting Services)
- Big Data Tools (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Mahout)
- Machine Learning/Cognitive (e.g., Python, Mahout, CognitiveScale)
- Predictive Analytics/Data Mining: (e.g., IBM SPSS, SAS Enterprise Miner, RPL, Python, Matlab)Data Visualization Tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Power Bi
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy, result driven person
- Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
- Strong commitment to the customer
- Ability to multi-task and ensure timely deliverables
All qualified applicants will be responded to very quickly. The team is highly motivated.