Mechanical Engineering Technician
Our Columbia, SC manufacturing client is looking to hire Mechanical Engineering Technician. This Mechanical Engineer Technician will assist mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment and machinery.
- Set up and test complete prototype units and sub-assemblies under operational conditions.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Record test procedures and results using numerical and graphical data.
- Help prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Estimate workload to establish completion dates.
- Learn and understand the complete technical area that is assigned.
- Learn and understand set up and operation of all test/measuring/units/equipment for data gathering.
- Requires a High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 2 years of related experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans
- Mental and financial health programs
- 401K with company matching and 1 year bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Involvement opportunities
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance is available