Client Details & Company Culture
This General Contractor was started over 30 years ago and operates across a multitude of disciplines including: Hospitality-Multifamily, Healthcare, Religious and Higher-Education project types. The emphasis with this firm is working as a team and getting the job done right for the client - not just Done.
Cost Control, Time Management & Superior Quality are what they focus on and what their clients depend on. They are committed to, and embrace, the concept of inclusion. They work hard to include a diverse mix of subcontractors and material suppliers in the construction of all projects.
They strive to exceed defined Small Minority, Women and Historically Underutilized Business project goals for public projects. They are very proud of their history of building up and equipping their small business partners.
This company values it's people and treats them very much like family. They participate in multiple team get-togethers throughout the year, contribute & volunteer for local charities and rewards their Team with additional compensation each year as a Thank-You for all the energy & time they know it takes to be a leader in the construction industry!
If you want to be involved with your industry, give-back to your community and help continue to make a great company the BEST in the MidSouth - Join out Team and let's get to work!
Senior Superintendent ( All Commercial Project Types )
The Sr Superintendent will manage daily operations onsite including the project staff and subcontractors. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
Requirements for the Position
- Must have 10+ years of experience building Commercial ($10-30M+) projects from start up through completion.
- Preferred experience also with cast-in-place and precast garage construction OR High-Rise structures.
- Prefer locally based candidates who are familiar with the local codes and have already worked with many of the local subcontractors.
- Proven experience on running large sites and successful completion of schedule, budget, client satisfaction and safety.
• Work with other staff members to negotiate any changes with subcontractors
• Ensures compliance with company policies and safety procedures as well as contract plans and specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required for review
• Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
• Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
• Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices
• Draft, review and approve works and purchase / change orders
• Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phase
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
KEY Skills and Abilities
- New-Construction Experience (Projects $20-60+MM)
- Scheduling Expertise
- Communication skills
- Negotiating | Contracts skills
- Ability to work well with a team & manage multiple employees as needed
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Construction/Business Management preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of construction superintendent experience in the ground-up / new-construction industry.