We are looking for a Quality Control Microbiology Technician (QCMT) to reports to Quality Control (QC) Management and be responsible for the general organization, cleanliness, and upkeep of the QC Microbiology Laboratories.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The QCMT will manage all microbiological samples for retention, in-house testing, and disposition to contract laboratories for additional testing. (S) he will also prepare samples for both in-house and outside analyses and deliver samples to the Shipping Department as appropriate for shipment to contract laboratories.
- The QCMT will conduct entry-level laboratory functions such as the preparation of media, daily performance check of analytical balances.
- The QCMT will perform LIMS functions as appropriate including but not limited to sample entry, sample receipt, and data entry.
- The QCMT will be responsible for the ordering and inventory of office supplies, lab supplies, media and reagents in the QC Microbiology Laboratories.
- The QCMT will be responsible for growth promotion and/or preparation of media and control plates for routing testing.
- The QCMT will provide input for the improvement or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Finished Product Specifications, and Raw Material Specifications, as appropriate.
- The QCMT will be responsible for the labeling and organization of all QC files, including the packing of documents for warehouse or off-site storage. (S)he will also assist QC Analysts and the QC Supervisor with additional filing, scanning, or other clerical duties as needed.
- The QCMT will keep the QC Microbiology Laboratories supplied with clean glassware. (S)he will be proficient in the operation of the automated glassware dishwasher and laboratory autoclave.
- The QCMT will maintain a safe working environment by following all laboratory safety guidelines and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate. The QCMT will ensure that all equipment used in testing procedures is calibrated and properly maintained.
- The QCMT will lead the collection of Environmental Monitoring samples, throughout the facilities, following SOP's on a monthly basis, as needed to meet the needs or goals of the company. The QCMT will be familiar with the operation of both the APC Airborne particle counter and the SAS air sampler. And will be proficient in the use and handling of media plates and swabs for EM sampling. The QCMT is responsible for the scrutiny, documentation, and interpretation of EM results. The QCMT must communicate EM trends and findings to QC, Manufacturing or Packaging management as appropriate.
- The QCMT will be responsible for sampling water throughout the facilities and performance of routine testing, as part of Environmental Monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Prior microbiology experience is highly preferred. Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel are required.
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential are required for the QCMT position.