- Perform scheduled duties when necessary with team including pre-op, operational inspection, batch log monitoring, product evaluations, sampling, yield testing, weight measuring, allergen testing
- Identify food safety and quality risks.
- Assist in training all new department employees
- Analyze and document department processes and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies
- Coordinate and execute solutions from process analysis, reporting analysis and general company projects
- Supervise quality technician and document control in accordance with company policies, procedures & GMP’s and develop team
- Establish & execute quarterly objectives
- Effectively manage all Hold and Test programs, including leading the final disposition of nonconforming products.
- Participate in mock recalls.
- Supervise HACCP and FSMA, Pathogen Monitoring, SQF, Kosher, RSPO, SSOP & GMP programs
- Work closely with production, sanitation and maintenance to maximize product quality and reliability and minimize cost.
- Track, analyze, and lead initiatives for all internal quality and customer complaint issues.
- Determine, document, and approve site-specific or one-time occurrences such as protocols (reworks, validations, etc.), deviations (planned or unplanned), waivers, or releases for materials and products as required.
Skill and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in science or related field
- Certification in HACCP or PCQI or other related programs preferred
- In depth knowledge of plant sanitation, HACCP, FSMA, SSOP and GMP program writing
- Experience in supervising project & team activities
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule Working knowledge of food regulations, such as FDA, USDA and FSMA
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
- Must be able to problem solve, show a high attention to detail and be very self motivated.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Position: Mid senior Level
Salary: 60,000 to 65,000/ year
Job Type: Full-time