Manage all aspects of purchasing, order entry, production planning and scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving for the Indianapolis facility. Design and execute strategies to meet customer service, supply chain, production, and inventory control requirements. Improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost. Increase team skills and capabilities. Continuously improves levels of customer and associate satisfaction.
- Track cost savings.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Develop & implement Kanban strategies with suppliers
- Perform statistical analysis that support materials usage and consumption trends.
- Supervision of team members
- Employs modern problem techniques DMAIC/PDCA to resolve issues.
- Chairs or participates in daily operational meetings, staff meetings, business reviews, and other meetings a required.
- Provides leadership through effective communications, coaching, training and development
- Observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Coordinates the flow of information, orders and materials from customers and subcontractors throughout the organization to ensure that delivery and customer service goals are clear.
- Maintenance and accuracy of data in Visual ERP/MRP, Customer Service, Order Entry, Materials, and Shipping/Receiving system.
- Inventory control. Responsible for the identification and inventory accuracy of all company owned property in the facilities and at subcontractors.
- Analyzes and prioritizes potential shortage situations that would disrupt company delivery and production goals. Coordinates recovery plans.
- Production planning/Master Scheduling - adjusts plans accordingly to demand changes.
- Negotiates the best possible price and service guarantee. Negotiates blanket purchases as required.
- Responsible for Shipping, Receiving, Materials, Distribution, and Logistics emphasizing safety in equipment, processes, and work areas.
- Monitors bill of materials and production for accuracy to standard rates and recommends courses of action to correct variances.
- Measures team performance through commonly accepted metrics.
- Implements Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve quality, cost, on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, associate satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of annual business plans that support the long-term strategic growth of the plant.
Responsible for the direction, coordination and evaluation of the plant and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including OSHA regulations. Responsibilities include timekeeping, interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing concerns and resolving issues.
Bachelor’s degree in materials management, production planning or related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent related experience and a minimum of 7 years progressive experience materials management.
- APICS training preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- High attention to detail and ability to think ahead.
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to utilize spreadsheets and word processing software to perform analysis and create reports.
- Organizational skills including ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and to maintain efficiency.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, goal-oriented attitude.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Experience and training with Fork Trucks and Scissor Lifts.
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations.
- Understanding of manufacturing control systems as well as commonly used PC-based software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Quality system knowledge of ISO 13485 or equivalent.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques